[opensource-dev] Daily Scrum Summary - Friday, January 28

Anya Kanevsky akanevsky at productengine.com
Fri Jan 28 14:56:00 PST 2011

Friday, January 28, 2011 General Notes
------------------------------

   - MMOTD: Oz
   - Daily standup cancelled due to conflict with an all-hands meeting.

Team Status
------------------------------
 Merov Linden
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - STORM-749 : Alpha in KDU: Did extensive tests with a hacked
   premultiplied implementation. Results were unimpressive in perf and quality
   (see JIRA for details). Resolved as "Won't Finish".

*FUTURE*

   - STORM-746 : KDU Improvements: Compress j2c with precincts
   - STORM-937 : Path to python in /scripts/*.py file inconsistent

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Oz Linden
------------------------------

   - no report due to fire hazard: “too many balls in the air today, and I'm
   fried”

Q Linden
------------------------------

   - no report due to lots of meetings

Grumpity ProductEngine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - scheduling for snowstorm and crashhunters
   - product triage
   - resolve iQA issues
   - PEQA:LL update

*FUTURE*

   - determine sprint goal for sprint 11
   - prepare for sprint planning
   - crashhunters
   - PO approval requirements

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Paul ProductEngine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - BUG STORM-507 (User that has sent p2p call invitation to other user, is
   not added to Recent tab)
      - WIP. Investigating. Estimate ~ 3-4 hours. I have never been working
      with IM part of Viewer's code. So investigation took a little
bit more time
      than usual. Investigation of this part of code is also useful
for STORM-680
      (Avaline callers are added to the Recent list)

*FUTURE*

   - BUG STORM-507 (User that has sent p2p call invitation to other user, is
   not added to Recent tab)
   - BUG STORM-680 (Avaline callers are added to the Recent list)

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Seth Productengine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - BUG (STORM-379) Content permissions aren't refreshed in the "Buy copy
   of" floater
      - Submitted a patch for review at
      https://codereview.secondlife.com/r/126/, But looks like expected
      behavior. Same in viewer 1.23.

*FUTURE*

   - Pick other issues from sprint 10.

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - BUG (STORM-316) Debug: Inventory.Folders by Name/Sort by Date/Sort by
   Name/System Folders to Top Do not apply and settings changes do not persist
   after relogging.
      - Waiting for product owner answers.

Vadim Productengine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - Bug VWR-24567 (The UI Hints are always on):
      - Resolved as misfiled.
   - Bug STORM-610 (Changes to Environment Editor: water color change is not
   saved):
      - Finally put a small fix on review.

*FUTURE*

   - Commit the STORM-610 fix if it passes code review.
   - Work on issues with the first-pass STORM-2 (Customizable viewer
   layouts) implementation.

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - Question: should we implement story STORM-326 (persistent skies/water
   settings) ? By chance I've made 80% of its implementation, so I'd be glad to
   finish the work.
      - Answer: it’s waiting for you in Sprint 11

Andrey ProductEngine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - picked up latest v-d build
   - verified bunch of integrated ticktes, but there left ~20 issues which
   cannot be verified due to lack of info or other problems
   - started regression testing of the build

*FUTURE*

   - proceed with regression testing

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - list of issues which PEQA cannot verify

Jonathan Yapp

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - STORM-829 and STORM-435 are done -- is someone going to move these
   through the system?