[opensource-dev] Very Strange occurrence...

Opensource Obscure opensourceobscure at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 09:50:01 PST 2011

Happened again a few hours ago with the same username (Grumpity),
unfortunately I couldn't take note of which viewer build I was using.

Photo: http://www.plurk.com/p/afagjx

In a comment to that photo, another user reports noobs sending
Abuse Report against Grumpity, and again this happened yesterday.

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 15:36, Carlo Wood <carlo at alinoe.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 05, 2011 at 04:44:31PM -0500, Kent Quirk (Q Linden) wrote:
>> So the reason that semi-plausible strings are used for these things is that they're the only strings available when we use the test floater feature from the login screen.
>>
>> But we should probably try not to use real names.
>>
>> And yes, Jonathan, these should mostly never be visible. But sometimes things happen.
>
> Nevertheless, it is a bug; if whatever failed is outside the influence of
> the viewer itself, then still it should not have shown this. The viewer
> should be fixed to show the account name, or at least the UUID, in
> this -hopefully- rare case.
>
> --
> Carlo Wood <carlo at alinoe.com>

Opensource Obscure