[opensource-dev] Basic Shaders and FPS

Hyang Zhao hyang.zhao at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 22:50:57 PDT 2011

on same mac pro with radeon 5770, all shaders on
Second Life 2.7.6 (234377)  75 fps with one avatar, 52-60 fps with 2 avatars in view, drops down to about 20 depends of how much avies around, eventually crashing, depends of how fast memory corruption going.
Second Life 2.7.6 (234497)  15 fps with 1 avatar (own) and when about 2-3 and more avies around drops down to 2 fps and then coming nice hang or when we switching shaders off also crashing eventually.

usual errors all the same and i guess Bao working on this bug currently

llrender/llvertexbuffer.cpp(1082) : error
ERROR: mapVertexBuffer: memory allocation for vertex data failed.

newview/llappviewer.cpp(1401) : error
ERROR: mainLoop: Bad memory allocation in LLAppViewer::mainLoop()!

WARNING: log_glerror: GL Error: 1285 GL Error String: out of memory
INFO: mapVertexBuffer: Available physical mwmory(KB): 4294967295
INFO: mapVertexBuffer: Available virtual memory(KB): 4294967295
llrender/llvertexbuffer.cpp(1082) : error
ERROR: mapVertexBuffer: memory allocation for vertex data failed.

but regardless of those errors above, i wonder why after fixing transparency bug we getting that fps drop.