[opensource-dev] Viewer development 2.8.1 and a few new bugs

Marine Kelley marinekelley at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 14:35:45 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I was trying to adapt the RLV to the latest revision of
viewer-development, and was quite satisfied with the results :

- Far fewer crashes as opposed to 2.7.2 when the deferred renderer is activated
- The "/me" issue in chat when the chat history is hidden is resolved too

However, I am running into a few new issues, and I wonder if anyone
spotted them too :

- Invisiprims don't render well, they are completely black UNLESS they
are set to fullbright (no matter whether deferred shading is on or
off)
- Alpha doesn't render well either, once again unless fullbright is
on. Full strands of hair disappear, it's really ugly
- The viewer slows down to a crawl when attaching or detaching objects
(this is not a RLV bug, I've tested and observed this into the vanilla
viewer too). Worse, if a second inventory window is visible but
minimized, often it will bring it up !
- And the "/me" bug has now migrated to the chat history itself. It
works on the chat floater, but if I say "/me smiles", I'll see "Marine
KelleyMarine Kelley smiles" on the history. This is NOT due to the

Is any of these new bugs in a JIRA already ? I don't even know what or
where to search... Any pointer is appreciated.

Thanks,
Marine