[opensource-dev] Viewer development 2.8.1 and a few new bugs

Nicky D. sl.nicky.ml at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 18 03:32:18 PDT 2011

Hello everyone,

> - Invisiprims don't render well, they are completely black UNLESS they
> are set to fullbright (no matter whether deferred shading is on or
> off)
> - Alpha doesn't render well either, once again unless fullbright is
> on. Full strands of hair disappear, it's really ugly

Over the weekend, I pulled the latest sources and build a new viewer.
In short: I have those issues as well.

It looks really odd.
- I see 'shades' of attachments other people have hidden.
- My HUD (Magical Compass) has buttons who are half hidden, the background
of the HUD seems to be some texture with alpha. On some logins I see the back-
ground, then on the next login everything is fine again. (The
background is supposed
to be invisible).
- Issue with colours being black, same here. Sometimes zooming in
fixes it, sometimes
it just worsens it.
- Some colours are really, really odd. They show like some rainbowish
colour gradient, or
maybe more like oil/fuel when poured in water. Again zooming can heal
it at times, zooming
out worsens it again.

Right now I have no real clue what causes it. I tried the alpha
switches on and off, no help.
Playing with the advanced gfx settings (vbo buffers) and such did not
help either. Disabling
shaders is another thing that did not improve it much.

I think I saw that problem with the textures crop up when mesh landed
in viewer-development,
but than did not have the time to investigate any more.

And I have a ATI card, maybe that one helps too as info?

Any ideas what do try would be really appreciated.

> - And the "/me" bug has now migrated to the chat history itself. It
> works on the chat floater, but if I say "/me smiles", I'll see "Marine
> KelleyMarine Kelley smiles" on the history.

Noticed that too.

Cheers,
   Nicky