[opensource-dev] Blocked

Thomas Shikami thomas.shikami at online.de
Mon Jul 18 19:02:11 PDT 2011

If you want to connect through your corporate network, you should talk
to the network administrator about it, they know how to do it. There are
SL versions supporting SOCKS5. About installing Second Life on corporate
PCs, talk to the system administrator about it in before, they want to
know and there might be policies not allowing those. Myself being
administrator, I would prefer if the users would use tunneling to their
home network, preferably SSH or http-tunnel over SSL. Traffic would
originate from the home network of the user then, not from the
corporation. The most preferable solution to that issue though would be,
if you bring your own notebook using a 3G UMTS/HDSPA or other
wireless-modem to connect to the internet. That way the corporate
network would be isolated and unaffected by your experiments. There is a
reason the corporate network is proxified instead of just NAT routed.