[opensource-dev] Return drawable/object at mouse point

Lockwood, Nicholas S. LockwoodN at mst.edu
Wed Jul 20 11:36:44 PDT 2011

I'm writing some code for a research project to log the object at a
particular point on the screen (using mouse coordinates). So far I've
made use of the LLViewerWindow::cursorIntersect function which seems to
work pretty well. However, I can't seem to capture certain things like
avatars, the sky, clouds, water, etc.

Is there a way that I can capture everything being rendered in the
scene? I was hoping it is possible to capture a particular drawable
being displayed at a given point. Then, I should be able to get the
object associated with that drawable as well as the render type. I just
haven't figured out an easy way to do that yet. Are there any functions
I'm missing, or does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can capture
these data?

Thanks!

Nick