[opensource-dev] Python broken on Lion - autobuild doesn't work

Laurent Bechir laurent.bechir at madonie.org
Sun Jul 24 06:13:14 PDT 2011

Hello,

I've just upgraded to Lion and python seems to be broken. I can't use either autobuild and git. :

autobuild
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/autobuild", line 5, in <module>
    from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/pkg_resources.py", line 2603, in <module>
    working_set.require(__requires__)
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/pkg_resources.py", line 666, in require
    needed = self.resolve(parse_requirements(requirements))
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/pkg_resources.py", line 565, in resolve
    raise DistributionNotFound(req)  # XXX put more info here
pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: autobuild==0.8.5

And Xcode is suddenly half english, half eastern language...

Perhaps installing the new version of Xcode would solve the problem ? But I don't know if I can still build Second Life viewer with Xcode 4.1.

Thank you