[opensource-dev] Python broken on Lion - autobuild doesn't work

Stone Linden stone at lindenlab.com
Sun Jul 24 11:12:00 PDT 2011

On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 6:13 AM, Laurent Bechir
<laurent.bechir at madonie.org>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've just upgraded to Lion and python seems to be broken. I can't use
> either autobuild and git. :
>
> autobuild
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/usr/local/bin/autobuild", line 5, in <module>
>    from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
>  File
> "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/pkg_resources.py",
> line 2603, in <module>
>    working_set.require(__requires__)
>  File
> "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/pkg_resources.py",
> line 666, in require
>    needed = self.resolve(parse_requirements(requirements))
>  File
> "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/pkg_resources.py",
> line 565, in resolve
>    raise DistributionNotFound(req)  # XXX put more info here
> pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: autobuild==0.8.5

Did you easy_install autobuild under Snow Leopard? Try easy_install-ing it
again; the autobuild components were probably installed under the Python 2.6
search paths and so cannot be found under the 2.7 search paths.

> And Xcode is suddenly half english, half eastern language...
>

> Perhaps installing the new version of Xcode would solve the problem ? But I
> don't know if I can still build Second Life viewer with Xcode 4.1.

We continue to use Xcode 3.2 at LL and haven't started testing under 4.1 or
4.2 yet. You're welcome to try, but you'll be on your own!

Cheers,
Stone