[opensource-dev] Python broken on Lion - autobuild doesn't work

Katharine Berry katharine at katharineberry.co.uk
Sun Jul 24 11:37:24 PDT 2011

On Jul 24, 2011, at 2:16 PM, Altair Sythos Memo wrote:
> Lion is shipped with Pythn2.7, you need to install "by hand" from
> python homepage 2.6 package for macosx and modify your autobuild script
> (text editor) changing first line from trailing "python" to "python-2.6"

Not true; Lion comes with 2.5, 2.6 and 2.7 preinstalled.

I'd recommend simply trying to easy_install autobuild again; changing python versions will require you to reinstall all your packages. Failing that, you can do this to universally switch back to 2.6 (unless you invoke python2.5, python2.6 or python2.7):

defaults write com.apple.versioner.python Version 2.6

As for fixing Xcode, I believe that only Xcode 4 is fully supported under Lion; good luck.

– Katharine Berry