[opensource-dev] Review Request: Viewer cache size increase to 10GB.

Monty Brandenberg monty at lindenlab.com
Mon Jun 6 22:38:47 PDT 2011

On 6/6/2011 11:00 PM, Tateru Nino wrote:
> Not that I'm not glad to see the maximum cache size increased, but the
> cache cap was only very reluctantly increased to 1GB as the performance
> of the system increasingly suffered as the quantity of cached objects
> increased.
>
> How did we solve this?

Different cache for the most part (we have many caches).  This
change mainly affects the *texture* cache.  The general asset
VFS cache is still capped for technical reasons.  The scene caching
is unchanged.

We really want feedback on this on all platforms.  Load up the
texture cache, get your favorite regions in there, run around,
clear the cache, do it again, etc.  This work is being done
under VWR-25182.  Comments welcome and attach some jiras if you
encounter problems.