[opensource-dev] Good project idea: Lightweight markup support for chat text

Oz Linden (Scott Lawrence) oz at lindenlab.com
Mon Jun 13 06:50:13 PDT 2011

Haravikk Mistral filed an interesting suggestion that we support markup
for formatting text similar to what most wikis (and our jira) support:

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-25942

This would make an excellent project for an open source contributor (or
small team).   We would want to preserve some of the existing chat text
behaviors such as '/me' handling and automatic creation of links.  I
suspect that the implementation would provide an opportunity to do some
code cleanup and refactoring.