[opensource-dev] New web search: how to get search_token or auth_token in v1 viewers ?

Henri Beauchamp sldev at free.fr
Tue Jun 14 15:28:39 PDT 2011

On Fri, 27 May 2011 14:08:04 -0400, Oz Linden (Scott Lawrence) wrote:

> On 2011-05-27 3:36, Henri Beauchamp wrote:
>
> > However, I found another bug in the new search... the maturity rating
> > parameter (r=13 or r=21 or r=42) passed in the search URL seems to be
> > completely ignored, that is, if I want only the G results for a given
> > search (I kept maturity selection checkboxes in the search panel for
> > this purpose) while my global maturity preference is set to G+M+A,
> > I'm still presented with all results, including M and A ones...
> > Also, given what I can see of the viewer-search v2 code and of the
> > values passed for this rating parameter (13/21/42), it doesn't seem
> > designed to allow searching only for M or only for A, or only for
> > M+A stuff, like it was possible to do with the old web (and also with
> > the oldest non-web) search.
>
> The new search backend was originally designed to be inclusive:  G, G+M,
> or G+M+A - like the viewer.  However, we are changing that now and we
> will have the backend support for searching just M or just A and any
> combination soon.

I can now see the three maturity checkboxes in the search page results.
However the "r" (rating) parameter in the search URL
(http://search-beta.secondlife.com/viewer/[CATEGORY]/?q=[QUERY]&p=[AUTH_TOKEN]&r=[MATURITY]...)
is still completely ignored (when I pass, 21 for M, for example, the
checkboxes in the search results page are not modified to match and the
search results are not updated to show only M results either), and
the only valid (if to believe viewer sources) values for this parameter
(13 xor 21 xor 42) do not allow to pass combined maturity queries (G+M,
M+A, G+M+A, etc).

Could we get a "m" (maturity) parameter in the search URL that would
actually be taken into account (automatically updating the checkboxes
in the web page) and would allow to combine maturity flags (such as what
is done for the current/old web search) ?
The advantage of such a parameter is that the viewer can remember the
preferred maturity for the user's searches over sessions and pass the
right parameter value on opening the search floater, unlike the new
web-based maturity check boxes (which are always reset to G+M+A (or G+M
if you are not adult-verified) at the next viewer session).

Henri.