[opensource-dev] Daily Scrum Summary - Thursday, March 3

Anya Kanevsky akanevsky at productengine.com
Fri Mar 4 10:29:34 PST 2011

 I'm running a day behind on these. Sorry! Sprint 12, ends 03.21.11 Thursday,
March 3 General Notes
------------------------------

   - MMOTD: Merov

Team Status
------------------------------
 Merov Linden
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - MM : not much
   - STORM-1023 : fmod : ending up fixing lots of mac build issues so I can
   at least build locally
      - 3p-pth: fixed the build on my machine, verified it works locally,
      pushed to bitbucket but TC build failing
      - reimplemented some OS X fix I did for jenn_linden/autobuild-vs2010

*FUTURE*

   - MM
   - STORM-1023 : fmod : push Mac fixes and get oz_linden/viewer-autobuild
   to build before working on fmod, then continue on fmod
   - STORM-987 : llimage_libtest: Add image stats output

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Oz Linden
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - Autobuild integration and testing
   - Viewer Evolution User Group

*FUTURE*

   - Enter issues from recent internal discussions
   - Enter issues from Viewer Evolution User Group
   - Autobuild integration and testing

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Q Linden
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - goodbye conversations
   - writing my goodbye email
   - 2.5.1 release

*FUTURE*

   - Sending my goodbye email
   - Wrapping up stuff in JIRA
   - Triage
   - OOO for PT

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - increasingly dwindling time left at LL

Bao Linden
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - OOO for the morning
   - reviewed and tested STORM-864

*FUTURE*

   - re-investigate CTS-478 because wolfpup gave me some of his log files.
   - work on STORM-1026

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Wolf Linden
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - Usability study issues; present: VWR-9103, SVC-6752; impediments, need
   input on both of the above

*FUTURE*

   - Follow-up on items that required more info

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - Need more info/context on VWR-9103 and SVC-6752

Grumpity ProductEngine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - OOO for part of the day
   - Usability study followup

*FUTURE*

   - UI results triage to current sprint
   - nyx responded. now need to figure out desired behavior on STORM-326
   - clear review queue in sprint 11
   - meet with Geo
   - check with Eli on STORM-949

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - Tuesday, March 8th is a holiday in Ukraine. Paul & Seth are also off on
   Monday.

Paul ProductEngine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - STORM-357 (Gestures button is in the pressed state after drag-n-drop
   but gestures list isn't visible)
      - WIP. 80%. Estimate ~2 -3 hours.

*FUTURE*

   - STORM-357 (Gestures button is in the pressed state after drag-n-drop
   but gestures list isn't visible)

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Seth ProductEngine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - Updating some of the pending code review requests.
   - BUG (STORM-989) Texture Picker freezes - does not indicate texture on
   prim
      - Resolved as "Cannot reproduce".
   - BUG (STORM-353) Vertical scrollbar appears in secondlife/real life
   descriptions after resizing undocked profile panel
      - Resolved as "Cannot reproduce".
   - BUG (STORM-268) Texture Edit - Pick Texture Window drops the vertical
   scroll bar
      - Could not reproduce.
   - BUG (STORM-505) Text overlaying appears in teleport offer after
   choosing Plain text mode for IM and chat history
      - Resolved as "Cannot reproduce".

*FUTURE*

   - Pick tasks from bug queue.

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Vadim ProductEngine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - STORM-236
      - Fixed broken Speak button reshaping logic.
      - Cleaned up bottom tray reshaping logic to account for the Speak
      button being hidable now.

*FUTURE*

   - Looks like all known issues have been fixed.
   - I hope to finally finish with STORM-236 within a day or two, including
   code audit and further cleanups.

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - Need a PO decision for STORM-326 (Persistent water/sky presets).

Andrey ProductEngine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - smoke & integrity testing of 2.5.1 release build, refer to the IQA-86
   for more details
      - smoke has been failed by VWR-25035
   - 2.5.1 bug-fixes verification (IQA-87)
   - continued I18N testing against v-d build
      - 7 issues reported

*FUTURE*

   - finish I18N testing against German, French, Spanish, Portuguese locales
   - run I18n testing against Japanese, Polski, and Danish

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Jonathan Yap
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - Created VWR-25060 (Text that shows what Beacons you are viewing is
   always in English)
      - If this is taken into Storm-nnnn I will install the calls to
      translate these messages. The internationalization team will
have to supply
      the translations.

*FUTURE*

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - STORM - 956
      - File message_template.msg needs to be pushed into viewer code tree
      from server code tree. Long term solution expected late March.
   - STORM - 1019 Needs "go ahead as-is" or "change it to this" input from
   Wolf.

Wolfpup Lowenhar
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - OPEN-37 :tested doing a release only build but still have some files
   running out of heap space.
   - STORM-941 : trying to figure out exact paths in code for incoming P2P
   IM.
   - STORM-236 : Talked some With Vadim via IRC. Vadim postedfix ot RB and
   createdhttps://bitbucket.org/vadim_productengine/storm-236 for use to
   make PO test build/

*FUTURE*

   - OPEN-37: Run more local tests after uninstalling new SDK(v7.1) as this
   had also broke mybuilding useing VS2005.

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - cable company doing line maintance work in my area.
   - Need to upgrad personal system(CPU, System Board, and Memory) to work
   better with autobuid system.
   - Not enough time to actually work on code.
   - Trying to earn $L's inworld.

Cummere Mayo

*PAST*

   - starting to get back into jiras and testing

*FUTURE*

   - download a new build and test it

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - twisted hunt/steam hunt (will be major impediments all month)
   - dealing with a persistent small group of rz griefers...