[opensource-dev] Daily Scrum Summary - Friday, March 18

Anya Kanevsky akanevsky at productengine.com
Mon Mar 21 00:02:44 PDT 2011

 Sprint 12, ends 03.29.11 Friday, March 18 General Notes
------------------------------

   - Sprint extended until 3.29
   - Bao goes back to Shining team next week :(
   - MMOTD: Oz

Team Status
------------------------------
 Merov Linden
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - STORM-1087 : viewer-autobuild2010: merged in most recent
   jenn_linden/viewer-vs2010 changesets. Fixed local Mac build failures.
   Created a formal merge request for that branch (STORM-1087).
   - OPEN-37 : VS2010 studio fixes : Tried to pull from Nicky's repo but got
   pull failures. Commented in JIRA.
   - STORM-1023 : fmod :
      - Update wiki documentation :
      https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Get_source_and_compile#Autobuild and
      https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Build_3rd_Party_lib_with_Autobuild
      - pull in merov_linden/viewer-autobuild2010, tested merge, pushed back
      to repo
   - STORM-809 : curl with c-ares: Issue is to use the newly created
   packages for linux and darwin *but* using the old (pre-autobuild) layout.

*FUTURE*

   - STORM-809 : curl with c-ares: create "new old" curl 7.21 packages for
   Mac and Linux
   - STORM-1087 : viewer-autobuild2010 : prepare merge with v-d

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Oz Linden
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - Merge Monkey
   - fixed quicklink creation for
   - worked on third party library wiki page
   - lots of time on 2.6.0 beta issues
   - merged out viewer-development to my working copy of autobuild2010

*FUTURE*

   - autobuild viewer work
   - probably more release process meeetings

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Bao Linden
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - continued on STORM-948: investigate possible memory leaking from UI and
   texture pipeline

*FUTURE*

   - wrap up storm-948

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Wolf Linden
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - St. Patrick's Day.
   - Oz's Mouselook issue.

*FUTURE*

   - Reviewing open issues.

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - What's going on with keyboard shortcuts?

Grumpity ProductEngine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - triage VWR/STORM
   - follow up with toolhandlers
   - review backlogs
   - follow up on q’s submission

*FUTURE*

   - create new jira for 1016 issues
   - how should QA reject merge requested issues
   - STORM-1086 follow up - server?

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Paul ProductEngine
------------------------------

   - OOO - sick

Seth ProductEngine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - BUG (STORM-1065) Shared calling card is placed into Friends/All folder
      - Looks like a server issue. Found a possible workaround but not
      applying it for now.
   - BUG (STORM-1086) Agent's own calling card created on startup is placed
   into Friends/All folder instead of Calling Cards
      - Filed as a separate issue related to STORM-28 and published the fix
      for review.

*FUTURE*

   - BUG (STORM-399) Users that has chatted within chat range of the user
   in-world are not added to Recent tab
      - Estimated: 1 - 2 hours
   - BUG (STORM-380) There is a little delay in sound when gesture first
   time played
      - Estimated: 8 - 10 hours

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - BUG (STORM-1065) Shared calling card is placed into Friends/All folder
      - Should it be moved to SVC project?

Vadim ProductEngine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - Code review.
   - Bug STORM-1016 (Crash: ctrl-shift-w hides undocked Side Bar panels if
   almost any floater is opened):
      - Discussed with Grumpity; re-submitted my fix.

*FUTURE*

   - Code Review
   - Sprint 12 tasks

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - Feeling bad, going home. Will compensate during the weekend.

 Andrey ProductEngine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - IQA-102 passed. Reported VWR-25206, but I'm not sure it's severe
   - started testing in scope of CHOP-543, see the ticket for the test plans
   executed and issues filed.
      - Note: TPEQA have no permissions for filing defects into Chopper
      project
      - 5 issues reported

*FUTURE*

   - proceed with CHOP-543 tasks on Monday

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - Chopper permissions

Wolfpup Lowenhar
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - OPEN-37: tested using Merov’s after manually importing Nicky’s settings
   for VC10msbuild.
      - this built fully with only one restart do to issue in msbuild
      itself.
      - resulting viewer ran but with one issue the text is about ¼ normal
      size for the viewer.
   - STORM-941 : still trying to track how system messages are handled when
   receiving and inventory offer from someone NOT using Display Names as this
   will still cause this to happen.

*FUTURE*

   - STORM-941 : continue to try and track incoming inventory offers system
   messages are processed .
   - OPEN-37: try and figure out why msbuild intermittently errors out when
   trying to delete a non related cmd script that it generated.

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - getting VS2010 autobuild environment to work on my system better,
   Vs2005 autobuild works just fine.
   - May need to upgrade personal system(CPU, System Board, and Memory) to
   work better with autobuild system.(hopes do not have to do this as would
   prefer to not switch to 64-bit based OS plus do not have the RL funds to do
   this)

Cummere Mayo

*PAST*

   - wrote up VWR-25188
   - discovered this seems to affect all v-d builds of 2.6.1
   - got a little bit of ccnaf done

*FUTURE*

   - unknown. anyone got anything for me?

*IMPEDIMENTS*