[opensource-dev] Daily Scrum Summary - Tuesday, March 29

Anya Kanevsky akanevsky at productengine.com
Wed Mar 30 02:04:33 PDT 2011

 They're back! Sorry for the lengthy interruption. Now that I'm a bit more
caught up, I will try to keep these daily, like it says in the title.

Sprint 13, ends 04.11.11 Tuesday, March 29 General Notes
------------------------------

   - will try 2-week sprint for Sprint 13
   - issues we'd like open source devs to tackle are under fix verison
   "open-developer"
   - MMOTD: Oz

Team Status
------------------------------
 Merov Linden
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - STORM-1087 : viewer-autobuild2010 : Tried to find a solution to Oz's
   build issue (build of llimage_libtest on Linux). Unsuccessful so far.
   - Sprint 13 Planning Meeting and subsequent triaging
   - Prepare for internal presentation

*FUTURE*

   - STORM-1087 : viewer-autobuild2010 : Fix that llimage_libtest Linux
   build issue.
   - Internal meeting

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Oz Linden
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - Reviewed Havok-wrapper sources for publication
   - Sprint planning
   - Merge Monkey - build problem merging out llimage test to autobuild
   branch...

*FUTURE*

   - Library docs
   - STORM/OPEN contribution reviews

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - may need some help on the linux build problem.

Grumpity ProductEngine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - sprint planning and followup jira wrangling
   - almost done with PO build

*FUTURE*

   - crashhunters
   - jira cleanup
   - storm-2 to sprint 13
   - STORM-1065 bug Stone
   - STORM-1071 Richard
   - reschedule crashhunters
   - reschedule triages

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Paul ProductEngine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - BUG STORM-1072 ([TRANSLATED BUT IN EN] in "Monde" > "Profil du lieu" >
   "À propos des terrains" > "Réglement" : "Estate / Full Region" is in
   english.)
      - Fixed and sent for review.
   - BUG STROM-1033 (Change Appearance Editor top-level Help link)
      - Finish investigation. To finish this bug i need to know help_topic
      value for the new Help link.

*FUTURE*

   - BUG STORM-972 ('My Dashboard' page doesn't open in internal browser if
   clear viewer cache)
   - BUG STORM-399 (Users that has chatted within chat range of the user
   in-world are not added to Recent tab)

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - BUG STROM-1033 (Change Appearance Editor top-level Help link)
      - to finish this bug i need to know help_topic value for the new Help
      link.
   - BUG STORM-1066 (Top Scripts/Top Colliders filter needs to be updated
   for Display Names)
      - I commented this server side bug as you asked. Please assign it to
      someone who is familiar with this.

Seth ProductEngine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - BUG (STORM-380) There is a little delay in sound when gesture first
   time played
      - Updated fix according to the feedback on the first revision.
      - Investigated potential memory leak problems.
   - BUG (VWR-25355) Blank floater opens after sending "Notice" to group
   - BUG (SOCIAL-756) Using the block feature in People panel mini
   inspectors brings up blank UI panel in Basic mode
      - Both resolved as duplicates of (SOCIAL-773) Empty floater created
      upon docking Places side panel.
   - BUG (STORM-1071) Switching language in preferences creates new calling
   cards folders for each language
      - Could not reproduce for now. Need to do some more checks. Some
      accounts might suffer from consequences of the bug which existed but was
      fixed.

*FUTURE*

   - (STORM-1071) Switching language in preferences creates new calling
   cards folders for each language
   - STORM-28: add a jira not to allow placing calling cards in prims.

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - BUG (STORM-721) Information about resident is displayed incorrectly in
   mini-inspector if there are any resident or group SLURLs
      - Waiting for more info on the fix Richard has proposed.

Andrey ProductEngine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - continued with v-d regression testing
      - Login Landmarks 100%
      - ToS 100%
      - About Land 100%
      - Nearby Media 100%
      - FlatList multi-selection 100%
      - URLs 100%
      - SideBar Basics - 100%
      - Home Panel - 100%
      - My Friends Panel - 100%
      - Preferences - General - in progress
      - Preferences - Graphics - in progress
   - reported VWR-25355

*FUTURE*

   - continue with v-d regression testing or pickup next one beta

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Wolfpup Lowenhar
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - STORM-941 : Tracking data flow for system messages during P2P
   conversations involving cross DN usage as this is the last hurdle that I can
   find to fixing this issue.
      - still cannot track down this last cause of Legacy name generation
      even though I know how to readily reproduce it.
      - The patch provided in the JIRA does work for all the other cases.
   - STORM-1087 : tested Merov's VS2010 autobuild repository.
      - the use of -DUSE_PRECOMPILED_HEADERS:BOOL=ON does improve both build
      time and also is reducing the likelyhood for my system to run out of heap
      space so will be making sure i have it on in my local build repositories.
      - by adding the above switch my build times are reduced by an hour and
      15 minutes from 3 hours and 30 minutes to 2 hours and 15 minutes.
      - still have to disable the resident shield part of my security
      software to prevent msbuild from erroring out; will look into
finding a way
      to have msbuild place the files it uses someplace else besides the TEMP
      folder.
   - OPEN-50 : Tested the new version of the autobuild.xml.
      - the new ordering of the build settings makes it easier to locate a
      specific setting for editing.
      - having the different switches for msbuild and cmake in the xml makes
      the cmd line entry to start a build cleaner plus you can set the
flags the
      way you want once and not have to put them on the cmd line each time.

*FUTURE*

   - STORM-941 :Tracking data flow for system messages during P2P
   conversations involving cross DN usage as this is the last hurdle that I can
   find to fixing this issue.
   - STORM-1087 : Find a way to keep my security software fully active and
   not cause msbuild to error out.

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - getting VS2010 autobuild environment to work on my system better,
   VS2005 autobuild works just fine.
   - May need to upgrade personal system(CPU, System Board, and Memory) to
   work better with autobuild system.(hopes do not have to do this as would
   prefer to not switch to 64-bit based OS plus do not have the RL funds to do
   this)

Cummere Mayo

*PAST*

   - dealing with legal issue

*FUTURE*

   - can’t do much so taking a leave of absence from snowstorm till things
   get sorted

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none
   -