[opensource-dev] What's the autobuild equivalent to "develop.py clean"?

Boroondas Gupte sllists at boroon.dasgupta.ch
Thu May 5 09:23:39 PDT 2011

On 05/05/2011 05:37 PM, Ardy Lay wrote:
> On 5/5/2011 10:23 AM, Tonya Souther wrote:
>> I can't seem to find a way to clean the tree and start a build from
>> scratch. I'm chasing a link error where it's complaining about symbols
>> that exist elsewhere, and want to make sure that a clean build has the
>> same issue before I spend lots of time on it.
> I use:
> rm -rf build-vc100
> via cygwin on Windows
>
> Just delete, rename or move the build target directory "build-vc100" via
> whatever means you prefer.
Deleting the build dir should usually be sufficient. If you want to make
really, really, really sure (and also want to remove unpacked autobuild
packages) you might enable mercurials purge extension
<http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/PurgeExtension> and then do:

    hg purge --all

This will delete all untracked files, including (due to the --all
option) ignored ones. Tracked files won't be touched, even if they have
been modified. (See hg help purge for details.)

The purge extension should be included in most mercurial distributions,
thus why you probably only have to enable it, rather than install it.

Cheers,
Boroondas