[opensource-dev] Mesh branch merged to viewer-development

Trilo Byte trilobyte550m at gmail.com
Tue May 17 19:42:00 PDT 2011

It's there in 230165 (Mac client).  Once you start typing in the field, an x appears at the right to clear it.

The wrong name in the application window persists.

The Ambient Occlusion & Depth Of Field checkboxes are still disabled in preferences on nVidia Macs, though the functionality works on nVidia 9400m and above GPU's.

Attempting to check the Lighting and Shadows checkbox on an ATI Mac results in a hard system crash.  Per comments in STORM-1210 and email discussion with Runitai & others, the checkbox was to have been disabled/ghosted for ATI Mac users until they could get the functionality working.  The checkbox is still enabled, and the hard crash persists.  Runitai is aware of this situation, and the need to get this fixed before release.

There is a significant graphical tearing  on the Mac client that persists in 230165 (avatar standing in place, hold down left or right arrow keys to turn in a circle).  Turning off VBO reduces the effect, but doesn't eliminate it.

Changes to Anti-Aliasing in Mac client now require a restart to take effect.  The change in behavior is documented, but still unwelcome.  For users on low-end or mid-range computers (who often have AA off while exploring or at events for performance, but turn it on/up for snapshots), this is a significant break in immersion.