[opensource-dev] quicktime

Ima Mechanique ima.mechanique at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu May 19 10:52:05 PDT 2011

> This was fixed is it now a do-over?
> From April 11,2011 message list archive:
>
> Quicktime SDK is an INSTALL_PROPRIETARY=TRUE archive download. The LL archive is
> modified to work with VS2010. The Apple Quicktime SDK has not been modified and
> fails compile.  I cloned 3p-quicktime and with autobuild build and package have
> the libraries.  The procedure worked extremely well.    Then, I modified
> autobuild.xml to point to the local copy. Now the catch, since
> QuickTimePlugin.cmake has:  if (INSTALL_PROPRIETARY) include(Prebuilt)
> use_prebuilt_binary(quicktime) endif(INSTALL_PROPRIETARY)   What autobuild setup
> or command line switch do I use to access the local copy?  I commented out the
> if(INSTALL_PROPRIETARY) and then it pulled from the local  copy with
> autobuild.xml set to the location and md5sum printed as output of  autobuild
> package command.  What are the planned methods to use local copies of what at
> one time were  proprietary or license restricted packages and now can be cloned
> and built on a  local computer and used?  Also, does INSTALL_PROPRIETARY make
> sense when the end result is the library is  on the local computer and can be
> used?

So far as I can tell there, currently isn't  a switch for quicktime only.
I've patched the Quicktime.Plugin.cmakeQuickTimePlugin.cmake file to add one
(USE_QUICKTIME).  I haven't found any problems with this yet, but I'm
still checking for alternatives.

Attached is a diff for the changes

--
Ima Mechanique