[opensource-dev] Review Request: CHOP-658 moving panels and floaters into a new static library project viewer_components/viewerui

Brad Kittenbrink (Brad Linden) brad at lindenlab.com
Thu May 19 15:30:51 PDT 2011

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 12:42 PM, WolfPup Lowenhar
<wolfpup67 at earthlink.net>wrote:

> I also built this repository locally but from the tip and my build time
> which was a full standard build including all test took 2hrs and 22min this
> is actually 8 minutes longer that a viewer development build currently. Also
> only one of the side panels works and that is the inventory side panel.

Well, there are definitely further optimizations to be made here as well.
Rightt now the new viewerui project isn't using precompiled headers yet, so
that could explain why the build is taking longer.  Hopefully reenabling pch
with a new header file specifically tuned for the viewerui project will give
even bigger gains.

-Brad