[opensource-dev] 3D soound

Ricky kf6kjg at gmail.com
Tue May 24 22:03:40 PDT 2011

The only thing is: IIRC, all non-media (sound effects from scripts or
collisions/etc and voice, but not parcel media or MOAP) sound sources
in SL are played back as mono.  You get 3D/stereo sounds because those
mono sounds are played in a virtual 3D space, with each sound
"located" at the object that is playing it.

This is a really cool idea, but it doesn't go well into games or SL
I'm afraid - solely due to the fact that sounds are doing much more
advanced tricks in such environments that result in stereo being lost
and then remade.

Thanks for the idea, I may use it in future projects of my own! (Just
not games! :D )
Ricky
Cron Stardust