[opensource-dev] in-viewer translation is dead soon.

Marc Adored marc at inworlddesigns.com
Sat May 28 22:47:08 PDT 2011

I think the reason you think some book(s) might be more then what SL
would do to google translator is because you have no idea how much
text chat traffic SL has. It is way more text then and whole series of
books could have every few minutes really. I dont think anyone has
said it was SL that has caused google to do what its doing but merely
has contributed to it. Also what you need to understand is you
translating a book is 1 or 2 requests or a few more depending but SL
is a new request every line of text. Its much easier to handle 1
request with a lot of text then it is to handle tons of small
requests. I think googles problem is with the abuse like there
statement says but the abuse came from no regulation. One thing I am
not sure about is why google is just shutting it down instead of
making the throttling permanent...