[opensource-dev] Client: Library description + how to a add a new library best

Tillie Ariantho tillie at xp2.de
Fri Nov 4 02:55:54 PDT 2011

Hello,

so after 1 day fiddling with stuffs I got the client compiled on windows finally with Visual Studio 2010 Express (yay!).

So now I want to try adding the EXIF stuff to 'Snapshot to Disk' again. Do we have a description of all the libraries being used by the client so I can find out if we already have what's neede
somewhere in there or do I have to look them up all on google and find out myself? :)

If there is nothing usedful I would try to go for Exiv2. Is this one usable?

--snip--
http://www.exiv2.org/download.html#license

Exiv2 is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at
your option) any later version.

Alternatively, Exiv2 is also available with a commercial license, which allows it to be used in closed-source projects. Contact me for more information.
--snip--

What's the best way to add a new library, where do I start? I had exiv2 in some year ago in an older version of the client, and I know adding the library was the worst part, adding the couple lines of
code was lots easier. Maybe some hints where and how to add it?

Thank you!

Tillie