[opensource-dev] I could use a little help with boost and callbacks and stuff

Lance Corrimal Lance.Corrimal at eregion.de
Sat Nov 12 13:54:23 PST 2011

Hi there,

I'm banging my head against a problem here...
I want to add buttons to the toolboxes.

The actuall adding is easy, but I have trouble figuring out what I
need to do to register some callbacks into the classes I need.

I have two classes that I need to "buttonize"... one represents the
graphical UI for a set of new features, and that one I managed to set
up as a toolbox button just fine.

The other one is troublesome though. I need to establish a method that
gets called (with no parameter, or a dummy), to toggle an internal
switch in my class, and I need another callback, that returns the
boolean value of that internal switch, to turn the button green or
not. Think of a simple "on/off switch".

What I can't figure out is what I actually have to do with my class to
implement the callbacks properly, and what I have to pass to the
function that registers the callback.

Any hints/tips for me?

thanks,

LC