[opensource-dev] Camera UI in Second Life beta viewer is broken

Tateru Nino tateru.nino at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 21:43:32 PST 2011

On 20/11/2011 2:26 PM, Laurent Bechir wrote:

> I did the refresh. The problem is not there. The problem is that when
> I click on a button (Save, Cancel, or another) the viewer react like
> if I was clicking behind it. For example, if the background of the
> picture window is the ground, clicking on a button is going to make
> move my avatar instead of the action the button is supposed to do. The
> is a turnaround for such buttons as Save to my inventory which consist
> on clicking on the part which is above the sidebar. But since Save and
> Cancel buttons are not above this part, they are unusable. I hope I'm
> more clear :)

Ahhh, I've seen this problem before! On a number of occasions, in fact.

It first started manifesting in the UI code in ... I think it was viewer
1.9 (or perhaps the release before it). It's come and gone on several,
but never really been _fixed_ because nobody seems to quite ever figure
out what causes it. It also was associated with tooltips being triggered
from floaters below the topmost floater.