[opensource-dev] Mesh viewers and tcmalloc issues

Armin Weatherwax armin.weatherwax at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 3 15:50:46 PDT 2011

> That define is really only used for some statics code in
> llallocator.cpp. It does
> not influence if tcmalloc is used or not.
its not clear where/why/when it is used - any code path includuing  tcmalloc
on linux 32bit isn't compiled, though the viewer crashes if it isn't linked,
which in my opinion at least needs a comment *that* just linking it makes a
difference. Even better would be a comment with e.g. a link to furher
information about *why* just linking it makes a difference.
For Linux 64bit not linking tcmalloc makes no difference (anything is aligned
anyway, and I didn't see any difference in speed).

Armin