[opensource-dev] how to read minidumps

Henri Beauchamp sldev at free.fr
Tue Oct 4 08:08:54 PDT 2011

On Tue, 4 Oct 2011 12:23:51 +0200, Thickbrick Sleaford wrote:

> On Tuesday 04 October 2011 09:31:00 Lance Corrimal wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > I'm pretty sure noone at LL is interested in the minidumps from my
> > TPV, so I'll have to read them myself... how do i do that?
>
> At least on the Linux side, breakpad provides minidump_stackwalk,
> which takes a minidump file and a symbols file and produces a stack
> trace. That executable is not provided with the linden-packaged
> breakpad though. You will also need to make sure the symbols file
> you are using is from the same build that produced the minidump.

We've got a saying for this kind of silliness, in France:
"Pourquoi faire simple quand on peut faire compliqué ?"
("Why doing it the simple way when you can find a complex way to
do it ?")

I guess the stack_trace.log file what just too simple in LL's view...
* rolls eyes and shakes head, sighing deeply *

Henri.