[opensource-dev] Viewer UI mode merge

Jessica Trinity jessica at trinityenterprises.ca
Tue Oct 18 19:26:30 PDT 2011

Agreed on all points made by Arrehn.

  _____

From: opensource-dev-bounces at lists.secondlife.com
[mailto:opensource-dev-bounces at lists.secondlife.com] On Behalf Of Arrehn
Oberlander
Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2011 10:20 PM
To: Oz Linden (Scott Lawrence)
Cc: Viewer
Subject: Re: [opensource-dev] Viewer UI mode merge

Thanks for sharing Oz,

Although I like the general direction of the improvements and believe they
have good potential, I feel the obligation to point out to your own
presentation with Esbee and Qarl two years ago coming off of the difficult
Viewer 2 rollout, where the three of you stood up before everyone at SLCC
and told us that LL wasn't going drop these large UI rewrites on the
community as surprises.

I'm glad it's there, I think it has potential, but the communication and
coordination with the greater development community was poor at best, and at
worst, contrary to what LL directly communicated.

It would perhaps have been better to have these as project viewers well in
advance of a sweeping merge.

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 6:04 PM, Oz Linden (Scott Lawrence)