[opensource-dev] Public Land example

Andrew Meadows andrew at lindenlab.com
Thu Oct 27 15:49:36 PDT 2011

Public land is no longer used in SL proper, but still sometimes shows up
in internal LL test simulators (due to loading a legacy simstate).  I had
some simulator code that completely removed all public land during simstate
load, but it was in a project that was scrapped and I haven't yet gone back
and salvaged that work.  Hopefully I'll get around to it someday...

Meanwhile, support of Public Land in the viewer could be removed.
When LL simulator developers get impacted by the change it will provoke us
to fix things simulator side, and it shouldn't be very hard to do.

- Andrew