[opensource-dev] Real Time Animation with Kinect

Fumi.Iseki iseki at solar-system.tuis.ac.jp
Mon Oct 31 17:14:45 PDT 2011

Thank you for your response.

 >> Do you plan to make this available as an open source library on top of
 >> libOpenMetaverse?

We want to release this system as Open Source within Nov. 2011
I don't think relevance of libOpenMetaverse now.

 >> That looks great - are those movements being streamed in real time to the other connected clients?

This is local Viewer only. For synchronize on network, modified of a server is required.

 >> How did you make the gestures be applied on the secondlife ? and what type of software and hardware do we need to
begin create things like that ?

A mechanism is very simple. Probably, anyone can create software.

We are writing wiki about this system. But it is under construction now. Please wait.

wiki: http://www.nsl.tuis.ac.jp/xoops/modules/xpwiki/?SLKinect

Thanks.