[opensource-dev] ok wtf is this?

Dave Booth dave at meadowlakearts.com
Mon Sep 5 09:32:01 PDT 2011

On 9/5/2011 11:14 AM, Tateru Nino wrote:

> Indeedy. An excellent catch. If it _is_ the memory pool, though, it is
> hard to figure out why unit-testing didn't catch the underlying fault.

At a guess, and this is total speculation because I havent done any side
by side test runs with the setting on and off yet followed by spelunking
through the logs, I suspect that the easiest way to escape notice in the
unit tests is if it's a flaw elsewhere that was masked by not using the
memory pool - unit tests could easily not catch that, things like that
usually show up in integration testing and UAT and well, that's what
folks like me are for isn't it - pulling a new build every day and
spending time inworld with it to see what breaks :)