[opensource-dev] building the viewer3 on linux (update deps on wiki)

Paolo Milani paolomilani at rocketmail.com
Mon Sep 12 12:26:12 PDT 2011

Hi guys!

I'm compiling viewer 3 on ubuntu linux 64bit and I've installed every package described in the wiki

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Compiling_the_viewer_%28Linux%29

but  when i try to compile it with autobuild, i got

"-- Could NOT find Threads (missing:  Threads_FOUND)".

I have installed every package (in ubuntu) named *thread*

so... please, do you know what package is missing?

BTW, I've built successfully snowglobe2, taken from http://omvviewer.byteme.org.uk/
Of course it's too old to use... however, it could be useful to you in order to understand

what dependency is missing to me, because i can compile snowglobe2 but not viewer3.

Many thanks in advance,
Paolo

 autobuild build -c ReleaseOS --debug --verbose
executing configure command cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:STRING=Release -DWORD_SIZE:STRING=32 -DROOT_PROJECT_NAME:STRING=SecondLife -DINSTALL_PROPRIETARY=FALSE -G 'Unix Makefiles' ../indra
-- Building with OpenAL audio support
-- Found Google BreakPad: /usr/local/lib/libbreakpad_client.a
CMake Error at cmake/Copy3rdPartyLibs.cmake:335 (copy_if_different):
  COPY_IF_DIFFERENT Macro invoked with incorrect arguments for macro named:
  COPY_IF_DIFFERENT
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  llcommon/CMakeLists.txt:13 (include)

-- Could NOT find Threads (missing:  Threads_FOUND)
-- Could NOT find Threads (missing:  Threads_FOUND)
-- Could NOT find Threads (missing:  Threads_FOUND)
-- Could NOT find Threads (missing:  Threads_FOUND)
-- Could NOT find Threads (missing:  Threads_FOUND)
-- Could NOT find Threads (missing:  Threads_FOUND)
-- Could NOT find Threads (missing:  Threads_FOUND)
-- Could NOT find Threads (missing:  Threads_FOUND)
-- Building with OpenAL audio support
-- Could NOT find Threads (missing:  Threads_FOUND)
-- Found NDOF: Library in '/usr/lib/libndofdev.so' and header in '/usr/include'
-- Version of viewer is 3.0.0.0
-- Could NOT find Threads (missing:  Threads_FOUND)
-- Skip llimage_libtest
ERROR: configuring default configuration returned 1
For more information: try re-running your command with --verbose or --debug