[opensource-dev] Tutorial needed on TPV viewer-side AOs

Henri Beauchamp sldev at free.fr
Tue Apr 10 16:01:57 PDT 2012

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 09:01:24 -0400, Oz Linden (Scott Lawrence) wrote:

> I'd like to get a tutorial on how the AOs built into viewers work - what
> inputs do they use, and how do they set the animations they set.
>
> Would someone who's got deep know-how on this either write up one for me
> (or point me to one if it exists), or make some time to go over it with
> me interactively?

It would be better implementing a server-side AO (with the viewer only
transmitting the replacement animation UUIDs to the server, for example
via a capability), because the current viewer-side AOs simply duplicate
what scripted AOs are doing (so they are not really better regarding
animations priority conflicts, etc) but lack the capability offered by
(good) scripted AOs to be auto-switched on and off via the Lockmeister
"booton"/"bootoff" commands which allow for cooperation between AOs and
with device you sit onto and that want to play their own anim instead of
the AO's.

I really hope a proper server side AO feature is to be implemented...

Henri.