[opensource-dev] Tutorial needed on TPV viewer-side AOs

glen gcanaday at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 09:09:58 PDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-04-13 at 11:00 +0100, Nexii Malthus wrote:
> Would be best to have the AO server-based, to cut on roundtrip latency
> especially being from europe, and using script-based language to
> define how and when the animations should kick in.
>

> Oh right, we got LSL. Why not improve LSL to make it more efficient?
> As an AO creator I'd like to have the "agent change"
> event: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SCR-10
>

> And more than 64KB memory per script to cut on the significant amount
> of unnecessary overhead across multiple
> scripts: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-3581
>

> It's these more simple server-side fixes and improvements that would
> make client-side AOs unnecessary.
>

> - Nexii

I think that client-side AOs are fairly unnecessary now, without those
jiras.

I do agree that anyone adding one to a TPV needs to study more than just
their own use-case if adding one anyway. Different people in different
communities will have different needs - Henri's Lockmeister mention is a
good case in point.

--GC