[opensource-dev] Tutorial needed on TPV viewer-side AOs

Adeon Writer adeonwriter at live.com
Fri Apr 13 09:35:00 PDT 2012

Alright, here's some features that, if missing, *someone* would complain:

-Any given AO needs to be able to have multiple stand, sit, and groundsit animations. Stands needs a choice of either playing them sequentially, randomly, or on a set timer. For sits, people want choices of which sit of many to use so they can switch between them while sitting. In both cases, the amount of animations you can put on one slot shouldn't be capped.

It would actually be going the extra mile to let ANY slot have multiple on a choice/sequential/random/timer, if it can be done without over complicating the UI.

(by the way, the "slots" I am referring to are all of the possible return values from llGetAnimation, plus some extras like typing animation)

-Secondly, an easy way to turn the whole thing on or off (without taking it off) is needed, AND a way to just turn the sit override on it off but keep the rest on

The most common AO is the ZHAO-II AO HUD, it's open-source and is usually the standard as far as features go.

As far as new features go, I would look into all of the system animations an avatar can do, and consider allowing them to be replaced too. (Example, the shout, chat, away, and voice animations are not always included features of AO's, but they make great candidates.)

-Adeon

-