[opensource-dev] allowing client side AO's to swtich with outfits

Erin Mallory angel_of_crimson at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 15 22:50:53 PDT 2012

Why would it need to be in the inventory taking up space when it would ONLY do the same thing that either of these options do?  If you can link a client ao to activate when the outfit is equipped that would satisfy the need for it to automatically turn on when you equip a new outfit AND keep the inventory MUCH less cluttered.
The entire reason I use Firestorm's ao is so that I could get rid of as many copies of aos as I could and swap between ao sets almost instantly even in high lag areas.  Right now they do not have a way to equip automatically when I set an outfit, however it is two extra clicks to select the one I want from a dropdown.  If I could have a menu option on the outfit folder to allow me to associate each outfit with an AO so that it automatically swapped when I changed outfits that would be neat and do the same thing you wanted it to do.  If I wanted to change the association or dissociate it I could do so from the same command.
What I envision would simply be another option with a menu item such as "Set AO" and contain a drop nearly identical to the list in the AO drop down menu except it would also have a "none" option. for example if I had an outfit folder named "feral neko" with several attachments and clothes in it and wanted to associate my Puli Neko AO with it then all I would need to do is right click the folder for "feral neko" select "set ao" and click "Neko Puli AO" and then until i changed the associated ao every time I equipped the outfit "feral neko" it would automatically switch the ao to the Neko Puli AO set.  That way i would not need any box or notecard or other object to clutter my already overwhelming inventory.
Please explain what such a system would lack that either type of object you are talking about could provide because I simply do not see the benifits or requirements to have any object in the inventory other than a single notecard for each ao set and a copy of each animation that is included in any set.