[opensource-dev] allowing client side AO's to swtich with outfits

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 16:37:55 PDT 2012

On 2012-04-16, at 09:34, Erin Mallory wrote:
> I doubt it would be that hard to establish a way to ensure that the config could be exported to an easy to read table that can have the option to save to either a file on the computer (for easy reference) or as a single notecard within the ao folder that other viewers can read and allow you to import either manually or individually.  An additional hot tip when you mouse over the folder could tell you what AO is associated with the outfit.

If the AO is not a single inventory item that I can copy from one folder to another, or link, or otherwise treat it as any other wearable, then I'm not going to use it because I can already do all that.

> As someone that has to constantly pack and unpack things on my two oldest accounts in order to even be able to get my inventory to fully load, the idea of having to add another item to each outfit folder I make pretty much destroys any advantage to having a system that could associate the ao with the outfit.

The item is _already in my folder_. There's nothing to add.

>  I use in client ao systems to reduce attachments, lag, and inventory clutter.  A system that relied on objects in each outfit folder would be a huge step backward for me.

If you don't need this feature there's no reason you can't keep doing whatever you're doing.