[opensource-dev] Viewer Policy Changes

Sythos sythos at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 13:48:07 PST 2012

On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 22:11:19 +0100
Tillie Ariantho <tillie at xp2.de> wrote:

> On 25.02.2012 19:24, Adeon Writer wrote:
>
> > It wouldn't disallow derendering, since others on TPV's and others
> > on official see it the same way (ie, they both see nothing happen
> > at all and it doesn't violate privacy)
>

> Derendering is essential for photographers, if there is thise newbie
> blocking the sight onto something important during a show. It helps a
> lot to do my work.

i think this LL's update mean not this kind of things but the ability
of other to enjoy SL, if you derender somebody don't affect else than
you, like other feature to increase the usability.

About portable device and else is the same: if the software render the
avy fine inworld (without give 3D on display, like pocket metaverse can
rez and rebake too the avy inworld without offer 3D graphic) there are
no problem (but this mean all textual client must include code to don't
annoy others with clouds or ruth avy for other). Same RLV, affect YOUR
way to "live" on SL, but others aren't affected.

imho this update mean the "added" feature to TPV viewers like old
emerald's extra attachment points (usable by who own the viewer but
annoying for other bc see floating attachment around) or... maybe, for
full 3D viewer mean not anymore no-mesh viewers (no-mesh viewers show a
distorted and broken enviroment to who is around the affected user).

alla bove under a giant "imho" umbrella, all we must wait office hour
for clarification and explanation :)