[opensource-dev] Building the viewer with gcc 4.7

Ale carlo at alinoe.com
Sat Jul 14 10:00:06 PDT 2012

On Sat, 14 Jul 2012 09:49:27 +0200
Lance Corrimal <Lance.Corrimal at eregion.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> when I'm trying to build the viewer with gcc 4.7 (openSUSE 12.2 just
> around the corner, comes with 4.7 as the default), I gte tons of
> errors and warnings, mainly about boost not defining stuff properly.
> Is there someone already doing something about this, or should I see
> what I can cook up?

Singularity compiles with gcc 4.7 since a while...
So nice to reinvent the wheel over and over in this "open source"
project :/. Can you say "it doesn't work"?

I'm pretty pissed about the fact that LL did it AGAIN and in
SECRECY behind closed doors (what else) started their project
of redoing the HTTP networking code... guess what I've been
doing in the past few months? This is sooo not cool. If Linden
Lab would run this shit right (Hello Oz), then I'd still be
working for them and it wouldn't all be duplicated work that
only causes extra work and collisions.

Pissed of at LL as usual (and they deserve it),
Ale