[opensource-dev] New HTTP Library & Project Viewer

Oz Linden (Scott Lawrence) oz at lindenlab.com
Fri Jul 27 10:46:22 PDT 2012

     The start of a unified approach to HTTP-based communications
     between the viewer and grid services with a goal of achieving
     reliability, consistency and a better overall experience on
     the grid.

Project Viewer for testing is here:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Alternate_Viewers#HTTP

Especially if you have had problems when you enable the use of HTTP, we
would very much appreciate your giving this a try.  We know that it does
not yet solve all the problems, but we think that it solves some and
provides the first steps needed for solving some more in the future.