[opensource-dev] Fix for SH-2941 breaks HACD-k ?

Marine Kelley marinekelley at gmail.com
Sun May 13 02:46:18 PDT 2012

Hello all,

Having pulled the latest changesets from v-d to my viewer lately, I
observed that the resulting build would not be able to upload mesh
anymore, ending up with a MAV_BLOCK_MISSING message every time (no
matter what I do, even following the several options depicted in
https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/MAINT-872).

After some search, it appears that the change 23045 (eab0b05bf0bc)
("SH-2941 Fix for crash on shutdown due to race condition between
LLCurl and LLMesh") is the cause of the error. Reverting
llmeshrepository.cpp (the only file in this changeset) to its previous
version fixes the problem, but negates Dave's fix.

I am aware that HACD-k is not under the responsibility of LL, it is an
open source work, but would someone like to look into this ? I am not
qualified at all, having no clue about how mesh upload works.

Thanks,
Marine