[opensource-dev] Fix for SH-2941 breaks HACD-k ?

Nicky D. sl.nicky.ml at googlemail.com
Mon May 14 02:03:40 PDT 2012

Hello,

I played a bit with that yesterday.Uploaded a few files, calculated a
few fees and all worked
well.
But I did not use the packages from NickyP, but instead the code that
was forked into that
a while ago. Not sure if there's any changes in his repo that can make
such a difference.

In general is the Mesh upload sensitive to model and the steps you did
before you upload.
Maybe you can elaborate a bit on more what you tried to upload and
which buttons you
pressed in what order.

> what we need first is HACD in the official opensource viewer. The CR sits on
> "ship it" for weeks now, for crying out loud.

That won't make much sense right now. Pathfinding will change the
packaging a bit, then
the havok lib will include mesh upload and pathfinding functionality.

This will affect the OS Mesh upload too, as
LLConvexDecomposition.cmake got removed. Instead
the new kid in town will be LLPhysicsExtensions.cmake.

This of course brings a few other changes, as then the OS Mesh upload
package needs to include
either the pathfinding functionality (navmesh decoder&display, A* [or
something] path finding) or
at least a stub for the latter.

Nicky