[opensource-dev] OSX 10.8 / Xcode 4.5 compile support (wasReview Request: patch potential memory leak in llgl.h)

gistya gmail gistya at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 01:02:12 PDT 2012

On Sep 20, 2012, at 12:33 AM, Geenz Spad <geenz at exodusviewer.com> wrote:
> The patch still uses Carbon functionality that could be removed in an SDK update, just functionality that hasn't been removed as of yet (creating HIViews that use Cocoa views, for example).  So while it works now, there's no guarantee that it'll work under the next OS X version, which is likely due out next year now that Apple's committed to annual OS X updates.

Wouldn't it be awesome to redo the whole GUI in Aqua? Imagine… one monitor with all your floating palettes like your chat window, search window, mini-map, inventory, some people's profiles, etc. Another monitor with the OpenGL view and none of those things floating on top of it, obscuring the view of what you're burning render cycles on! Full support for "Full Screen Mode" on Mac, with a real Mac menu bar, to boot! Sigh. Maybe someday? We can dream right?

> I'd be interested to hear about the legacy OpenGL hacks that you're trying to remove however!  That part I find fairly interesting.

I will try to post specifics this weekend or next, after I've had a chance to do some more testing.

-G