[opensource-dev] feature suggestion: make "doubleclick navigation" more "immersive"

Lance Corrimal Lance.Corrimal at eregion.de
Fri Sep 21 00:17:36 PDT 2012

Hi all!

Here's a feature idea that I just had, and I thought I'd float it past here
before I post a feature request on the jira.

As a user I would like to see a third option for doubleclick navigation
inworld: "pathfinding - immersive"

With that option turned on, the viewer would determine if the point the user
clicked on is within draw distance, and if so, use pathfinding "navigate to"
to walk there. If the point was outside of drawdistance, the viewer would use
whatever else the user had configured for normal doubleclick navigation (i.e.
teleporting or "go here").

any thoughts?

I'd believe that would need some server code, so that the viewer could ask the
server for a list of waypoints to walk from A to B, the user being a character
type A.

bye,
LC