[opensource-dev] Server Side Avatar Appearance pile-on test

Nyx Linden nyx at lindenlab.com
Wed Feb 20 12:54:42 PST 2013

Greetings all,
     In preparation for rolling out server side avatar appearance, we'll be
running a short test tomorrow afternoon. If you are available, or know
someone who is, please come to the server usergroup (
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Server_Beta_User_Group) with the latest
sunshine viewer (
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Project_Sunshine-Server_Side_Appearance
version number 270409). We will run the test after the server meeting, for
those able to stick around. You will need several outfits that your avatar
can switch between and will do so both on the old system and the new
system. Also please clear your cache before attending.

   Please use our latest viewer as it has additional statistics gathering
code that will allow us to calculate load patterns and measure the
improvements expected for later releases.

Let me know if there are any questions!

 -Nyx Linden