[opensource-dev] Upcoming server side avatar baking

Henri Beauchamp sldev at free.fr
Wed Jan 9 08:26:51 PST 2013

On Fri, 14 Dec 2012 16:40:58 -0500, Oz Linden (Scott Lawrence) wrote:

> For any of you developing viewers that are not in the TPV Directory and
> so didn't get the notice there....
>
> We have now made available the code for our upcoming server side baking
> changes - you will need to update to be compatible with this in order
> for users to see avatars correctly once the server side change is rolled
> out to the main grid (some time > 8 weeks from now, but no date has been
> set yet).
>
> See
> https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Project_Sunshine-Server_Side_Appearance
> for information on this new code, and watch it for updates.

The Linux viewer available for download from Sunshine's Wiki page has
alas been compiled with a way too new glibc end refuse to run on my
system (Mandriva 2010.2, glibc v2.11.1), aborting with:
bin/do-not-directly-run-secondlife-bin: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6:
version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found
(required by bin/do-not-directly-run-secondlife-bin)

Could we please get a viewer compiled on the same build system as the one
used for LL's other viewers ?

Thank you.

Henri.

PS: I'm currently testing a server-side baking compatible Cool VL Viewer
and trying to figure out a COF version missmatch issue (which ressembles
this one: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SUN-3) that could be due
to the inventory issues on Aditi: without a known, working viewer to
compare with, it's hard to figure out if it's a bug in my backport or
a bug in Aditi's inventory server...