[opensource-dev] Not all Open Source developers are honest...

Henri Beauchamp sldev at free.fr
Sat Jun 1 10:15:52 PDT 2013

On Sat, 1 Jun 2013 18:57:31 +0200, Martin Fürholz wrote:

> Ah! I misread the “joined” date on that forum page as the “posted” date,
> this happens all the time :D
> I’m sorry, last time that I’ve heard anything about Kirstenlee’s viewer was
> a couple of years ago, and S19 is also a couple of years old, as far as I
> can tell (and I’m pretty sure about that). See
> http://virtyou.com/viewer_track/ as a proof (Kirstenlee’s viewer “S20” was
> built in 2010).

S20 is a v2 viewer, so it's obviously a different branch.
It is quite possible that Kirsten used the Cool VL Viewer sources and the
incremental patches I publish with every release to follow my progresses on
it, but it's obviously the very same viewer with just a couple of patches
added (a 600Kb diff is NOTHING, especially when you see what the changes
are about in this diff... a i++ instead of a ++i is not significant a
change !).

In fact, I don't care if Kirsten forks my viewer, what I care about is that
he obviously pretends being the person behind the 3000+ hours of coding *I*
spent on this code over the 6+ years of continuous development !

If anyone got more to say about this matter, please let's move it to the
Cool VL Viewer forum: I don't want to polute this list more than I already
did (but I thought it was important to bring up such an issue).

Henri.