[opensource-dev] Serious regression in SSB-enabled regions

Satomi Ahn satomi.ahn at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 11:39:17 PST 2013

Carlo Wood <carlo at alinoe.com> wrote:
> The problem is not to find a good technical solution; the problem is
> that no discussion with Linden Lab is possible.

Well, the new shape parameter was an actual attempt at fixing SUN-38,
even though it did address only the least of the concerns. So maybe I
am still allowed to hope?

Henri Beauchamp <sldev at free.fr> wrote:
> It would be a good idea if it would not result in breaking all
existing content...

I was just suggesting a perennial solution for  *new* content only.
For old poses, we definitely need something else...

> it is a MANDATORY feature that MUST be implemented in SSB sims to
> match what we have been doing for years in non-SSB ones (@adjustheight
> is relatively new, but the Avatar-Z offset manual adjustment has
> been around for years).

... and the best candidate for "something else" is of course to
preserve the existing crutch. Granted.