[opensource-dev] DSG Experiment needs a few more Participants; Distributed Scene Graph Experiment (100's of Virtual World Simultaneous Users Online)

Henri Beauchamp sldev at free.fr
Thu Mar 21 12:58:11 PDT 2013

On Thu, 21 Mar 2013 07:03:21 -0700 (PDT), Nicky Perian wrote:

> I am getting security warnings from my browser when going to these
> links.

Probably an invalid certificate (self-certifed site). Plus, the
URL contains an IP (107.7.21.233) instead of a domain name, and there
is no reverse-DNS entry for this IP ('nslookup 107.7.21.233' returns:
** server can't find 233.21.7.107.in-addr.arpa.: NXDOMAIN).

If I were you, I would simply not try to follow such a link...

I am also quite surprised by these emails we get in this list: I don't
see any interest in them (I don't even see what they are supposed to
deal with: in what aspect are they at all related to viewers
development ?).

They also got huge attachments (pictures), which makes them a pain to
retrieve when your connection is slow.

Not sure what is the list moderator's stance on this...

Henri.