[opensource-dev] Building viewer-release on OS X.

Cinder Biscuits cinder.roxley at phoenixviewer.com
Fri Oct 4 07:55:05 PDT 2013

On 4 Oct 2013, at 8:32, Ash Qin wrote:

>> Did you install Command Line Tools with Xcode and CMake?
>
> Yes.
>
>> (from your logs)
>> -- The C compiler identification is unknown
>> -- The CXX compiler identification is unknown
>
> That's only because I defined the CC and CXX environment variables to
> use LLVM-GCC through ccache using:
>
> export CXX=/usr/local/opt/ccache/libexec/llvm-g++-4.2
> export CC=/usr/local/opt/ccache/libexec/llvm-gcc-4.2
>
> This is because I am aware that viewer-release will not build under
> Clang. If you look in the build log, it uses those compilers fine.
> Also, no difference when not using ccache.

Shouldn't need an environment variable. Xcodebuild is directed to use
the system's llvm-gcc
in Variables.cmake (just won't work on Xcode5, which you aren't using
anyway, because Apple
symlinked "llvm-gcc" to clang. -_-)

Seems to me that CMake is confused as to where the C compiler is. You've
probably already tried
this, but nuke build-darwin-i386 and try again without ccache.
Something's likely stale.

--
Cinder